Friday, November 21, 2008

I want to dream of happy things
Like fluffy ducks and fairy wings
Of rainbows and butterflies
Of candy canes, and bright blue skies.

I want my dreams to make me smile
And want to stay at least a while
I want to want to rush to sleep
And snuggle in that dream so deep.

But dreams are funny things you see
They don't listen to you or me
They drown your love or kill your cat
Harm the ones close, like Courts or Matt.

They give you super-powers, or a different face,
Or your psycho ex-boyfriend running all over the place.
They make you shiver and sweat, jolt and shake
They make your hurt increase, your body ache.

And they will carry on, your strength they'll seep
As long as you lay down to sleep.
So just be careful, the memories discard
And always remember, never take them to heart.

No comments: